Monday, May 26, 2008

P.S. I love you

Yesterday I happened to watch a movie which sincerely I would have missed were I to choose a movie myself for that eve. Better still, I’m glad I happened to watch it.

Well, the movie is “p.s. I love you”. Quite a romantic movie compared to the genre of movies I tend to enjoy. Usually I opt for movies containing either intricate plots (such as organised crime, war politics etc) or else fantasy (witchcraft, magic, dragons etc.) … but well … this one was different … but admittedly have to say that it touched my heart.





Here’s the link:
http://psiloveyoumovie.warnerbros.com/

Actually thinking of it, the movie had a good intricate plot as planning in advance 10 letters together with all that went with them for one to follow the other is actually quite amazing. It might be true that this story is just a ‘fairy tale’ but I’m pretty sure there are lucky people out there who managed to find that peace which only true love can give….

The movie focused on the mourning of Holly after the loss of her husband Gerry and how Gerry, despite his cruel illness which led to his death, managed to plan ahead for Holly an ‘easy’ recovery for her to get on with life without him.

I would rather like to focus on what might have happened before Gerry’s death. The movie starts with the ‘usual’ quarrel between the couple. I might be biased here but as I see it women never know what they want, never manage to understand themselves but at the same time they want a man who understands them! Ah well as from my side I try to understand…but from experience men never get it right!... it’s always our fault. Hehe…

Ok Ok…joking apart. People tend to be so focused on career advancement, better salaries, bigger homes etc. that sometimes we tend to forget that the ones who are really dear to us might not be here tomorrow!...and then we spend the rest of our lives missing them when they’re gone!.... Funny eh?

What’s the point of striving hard for the future if we’re missing the present?

"The past is history; The future is a mystery; This moment is a gift; That is why this moment is called the present; Enjoy it."
~ Allan Johnson

Ah well, for sure I am not the one to dictate what’s right or wrong…. Just wanted to jot down some of my thoughts … and maybe … when I look back on my life I see the past as a happy moment, lucky to have been in it ; As life with all its odds…is still beautiful ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quote "...women never know what they want, never manage to understand themselves but at the same time they want a man who understands them!"

Well my friend, I cannot blame you here. I can count on the fingers of one hand, which is balled into a fist, how many time I have quarreled with my wife...ie..never.

On the relatively few occasions that we have a word to exchange, she is always the one to bring things up. Forget the notion that you will ever ever understand a woman completely.

A case in point. Around two years ago, the wife wanted a wall-unit to go in the kitchen. I told her sure, let's look out for one. But they were unfortunately either too wide, too narrow, too high or with not enough substance...and the result of this? I got accused that I did not want to buy her this damn thing.

How can one go ahead in pointing this out? All she said was that I was not interested in improving the house...of course I was, but only when you get the right stuff.

Now we purchased this unit from Homemate a week ago, and she was glad that SHE waited for it!!!! Can you believe that? Cos I certainly can't.

Buggers!